International Center for Biosaline Agriculture, Dubai, UAE
Dr. Asad Qureshi, Project Leader RAMSAP
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Sunday, July 31, 2016
Gross Salary Range:
AED 14,375 monthly + Medical and Life Insurance
The Research Assistant will assist Project Leader of the RAMSAP (Rehabilitation and Management of Salt-affected soils to improve Agricultural Productivity in Ethiopia and South Sudan) project and team members in the execution of the project through data collection, surveys, data analysis, data keeping, and report writing. He/She will also assist the project Leader in the management of project files, documents, secondary data, data collected under project and any other tasks assigned to him from time to time. The Research Assistant will report to the supervisor but will work with the whole project team.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for daily activities including but not limited to:
- To conduct field measurements, collect primary and secondary data from different field trials and partner organizations of both countries.
- Assist in the surveys and other data collection activities to be conducted in the project.
- Be custodian of all project data and help in the development of database for the project.
- Assist in the analysis of data for developing GIS maps according to project requirements.
- Assist in the organization of project meetings within and outside ICBA.
- Assist in the preparation of progress and other project reports.
- Collect all administrative and management data needed to complete project documents.
- Undertake any other activity that may be necessary as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc in Agricultural Engineering/agronomy/water management 2-5 years of field experience in data collection and analysis.
- Field knowledge of designing and operation and maintenance of irrigation technologies
- Capacity to do field measurements of soil salinity, groundwater table depths, irrigation water applications, soil and sampling etc.
- Capacity to undertake field surveys and work in rough field conditions.
- Assist in the establish and management of field experimental trials.
- Knowledge of GIS/RS will be an added advantage.
- Capacity to organize and analyze collected field data.
- Good knowledge of computer word, excel, power point, etc.
- Ability to assist in the writing of project and other project reports
- Good knowledge of written and oral English
- Arabic Language would be desirable.
- Certificate in GIS/RS training will be considered an added value.
- Any other professional certificates related to area of specialization of the candidates.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149