International Center for Biosaline Agriculture, Dubai, UAE
Director of Research and Innovation
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Managing project once the project is close to approval and will be involved from planning, executing, monitoring and evaluating projects according to pre-determined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the project funder and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle are central to this position.
- Prepare and update project annual and quarterly work plans
- Prepare and participate in quarterly work planning and progress reporting
- Draft TORs for key inputs (i.e. personnel, sub-contracts, training, and procurement) and submit these, and administer the mobilization of such inputs.
- Provide technical advice to project beneficiaries, review technical reports and monitor technical activities carried out by responsible parties.
- Ensure that all agreements with implementing agencies are prepared, negotiated and agreed upon.
- With respect to co-implementing partners and external project implementing agencies/ sub- contractors:
- ensure that these agencies mobilize and deliver the outputs in accordance with their letters of agreement or contracts, and
- provide overall supervision and/or coordination of their work to ensure the production of the expected outputs.
- Assumes direct responsibility for managing the project budget by ensuring that:
- project funds are disbursed properly;
- expenditure is in accordance with the project document and project work plans;
- accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and financial reports are prepared;
- financial operations are transparent and financial procedures/regulations are properly applied; and
- Supervises staff and local or international short-term consultants working for the project.
- Prepares project progress reports and the project final report and organizes Project Committee meetings, review meetings and evaluation missions
- Ensure the timely submission of work plans, reports, outputs and other deliverables for review and evaluation, as appropriate
- Regularly report to and keep the Management up-to-date on project progress and implementation issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree with knowledge in agriculture, or environmental, or natural resource management, or related engineering fields;
- At least 5 years of extensive experience in project management, planning and implementation, familiarity with donor funded development projects is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills;
- Substantial experience in monitoring and evaluating project progress;
- Excellent working level of English language in both writing and speaking
- Project Management Professional ( PMP)
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149