International Center for Biosaline Agriculture, Dubai, UAE
Section Head- Crop Diversification & Genetic Improvement
Monday, February 1, 2016
Monday, February 15, 2016
Assist the Crop Diversification & Genetic Enhancement section on screening and selection of new and improved genetic material
- Synthesis of existing data related to screening for salinity and field evaluation, summarize and write up papers for publication in refereed journals, and technical reports.
- Conduct specific research experiments regarding crop management, water productivity and screening for salinity tolerance in conventional and non-conventional crop plants.
- Contribute to the design of relevant experiments; supervise implementation, field management and data collection and the production of relevant scientific publications.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual and technical reports of the Crop Diversification and Genetic Enhancement Section.
- Carry out physiological measurements and quality traits using modern instrumentation and techniques
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Agronomy or related fields with specialization in Crop Production and physiology
- Experience in conducting research preferably on crop production and management under marginal and stress conditions.
- Experience in managing and analyzing scientific data. Knowledge of statistical packages is required.
- Candidate should be fluent in English, able to work independently and work with a team.
- High level of organization, ability to manage multiple tasks, and team work.
- Excellent technical writing skills
Candidates from Sub-Sahara and Western Africa are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149